Seeking lecturers for new MBA programme 2017/18
Unfortunately we can only consider applications from residents in Finland!
HELBUS Helsinki School of Business seeks instructor candidates to deliver course modules for a planned Master of Business Administration programme validated by the University of Northampton, UK. The programme will be delivered across three terms, starting in October 2017, subject to programme approval.
The instructors are expected to independently prepare, teach and assess their modules, adhering to the University of Northampton guidelines and in close collaboration with UoN. The modules’ content, descriptions, learning outcomes and assessment criteria and schedule are determined by the validating university. As the modules are delivered on a weekly basis throughout a full term, we can only consider candidates who reside in Finland.
Candidates are sought to deliver the following nine modules. Detailed descriptions of the modules are found here. Most modules are 20 UK credits (equivalent to 10 ECTS credits).
- Critical Issues in Business
- Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Financial Decision Making
- Strategic Marketing
- Managing Operations and the Supply Chain
- Competitive Strategy and Innovation
- International Business Negotiation
- The Entrepreneurship Report
- Business Research Project
We require the following:
- Teaching experience at postgraduate (Master’s level) directly related to the module content
- Master’s or preferably Ph.D. in business or related field
- Excellent English skills and experience in teaching and assessment in English
We value the following:
- A formal teaching qualification
- Sound experience in planning, delivering and assessing courses and providing feedback to students
- Proactive approach to supporting students
- Experience in the UK higher education sector
- Practice experience in the relevant area
- Structured approach with attention to detail
- Experience in using Blackboard or Moodle
To indicate your interest in any of the above positions, please do the following:
- Fill in your application and contact details using this form
- Upload your CV with your application by copying to a new document from this template,
- Upload any student satisfaction survey results, samples, etc. that might be helpful in the selection process.
We expect shortlisted candidates to refer to the above sought qualities in their application. Please fill in your application as soon as possible as we will start recruiting fairly quickly. The deadline to apply is May 2nd at 9 a.m. Finnish time. Please only fill in one application, even if you are interested in several modules!