Entry requirements

If you have any of the following secondary education qualifications, you are eligible to apply to HELBUS:

  • Education abroad that would provide eligibility for academic higher education studies in that particular country
  • International Baccalaureate examination
  • European Baccalaureate examination
  • Reifeprüfung examination
  • Finnish matriculation examination
  • Vocational secondary education with minimum duration of three years in Finland, or a vocational adult education qualification

If you are completing your matriculation or IB exam in the spring, you can still submit an application and receive a conditional admission offer. The offer will be made unconditional after you receive your final diploma.

For NON-EU citizens:

Please note that currently we cannot admit non-EU students who don’t have recidence permits in Finland, because the immigration does currently not grant residence permits based on studying at private educational institutions. If you have a recidence permit to Finland on some other grounds than studying, you are welcome to apply to our programs.