HELBUS welcomes applications from eligible applicants from many countries in the world. At HELBUS you can study business and earn your Bachelor’s in business fully in English with extraordinary international professors! Read more about the programme here.
Applying to HELBUS is relatively easy, and the process differs from other universities in Finland. There is no entrance exam, and you can apply online throughout the year for a fall term start.
Please select the application instructions from the list below based on which situation most accurately describes you:
- Citizen of Finland, an EU or EEA country, or already have a residence permit in Finland for other reasons: you are welcome to apply to all HELBUS programmes following the instructions found here.
- Citizen of any other country, who does not have a residence permit in Finland for other, such as family reasons: you can apply to our full-time programme if you fulfil the special requirements for residence permit by Migri. Please provide all evidence such as transcripts and diplomas with your application. Please click here to view the further details about the requirement for residence permit and admission process.
- A checklist of required application documents for both applicant groups are found here.
- Upper secondary school leaving certificate (such as high school diploma), or successful completion of a three-year vocational college education.
- Finnish/EU-applicants: English language matriculation exam at level Lubenter, or equivalent
- Non-EU applicants: English language proficiency should be demonstrated by an IELTS test or equivalent, with a minimum overall score of 6.0 with no component below 5.5, or equivalent. Upload a scanned copy of your language certificate with your application documents. HELBUS is not able to consider your application before receiving this document.(1)
- Non-EU applicants: prior studies in higher education that HELBUS studies will complement (requirement for residence permit)
(1) Citizens of United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand do not need an IELTS test.